Saturday, December 30, 2006

Forced to Watch Lost

So...Lost. Do you love it or do you hate it? For me, the answer to both of those questions is "Yes!"

At first, I watched it out of pure love for the show. It was new, it was different, and I wanted to know more. What crime did Kate commit? What's in the hatch? Why is Sawyer such a phenomenally callous jerk? But every time 1 question got answered, 10 more questions took its place.

I have come to the conclusion that I'll never know what's going on and I'll always be, well, lost.

Nowadays, I watch Lost out of fear. Let's face it, if you miss one episode, you might as well stop watching altogether because so much happens in an episode. I don't want to be the one loser who doesn't know what's going on. I don't want to be the one who can't take part in the conversation because I don't know about the other island or I don't know whether the leader of "the others" lives or dies at Jack's hands.

So, come February 7th, I'll be watching the fourth season of Lost. Not because I want to, but because I have to. And possibly because of old high school fears of inadequacy and not fitting in (perhaps that can be my back story for this blog).

1 comment:

Karl said...

I'm with you. I can't stop watching this show. Love it and hate it. I dread that the writers don't REALLY know what's going on any more than we do and that the "answer" at the very end - the one that explains where the hell they are and how they all "coincidentally" crossed paths - is going to float like a turd in the bowl.

But I'm in till the end, baby